Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Nanoparticle surrounded by dielectric material

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi!
Does anybody know if there is anything that has to be taken in account for putting a nanoparticle into another material. I want to see how the spectrum shifts, so I guess I have to take the boundary conditions into account, but I don't know how to implement this...
Thanks for any help!
Martina

3 Replies Last Post 2010年3月23日 GMT-4 05:51

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年3月22日 GMT-4 14:14
Just change refractive index of PML to be equal to ref.index of adjoining media, and that is all.
Just change refractive index of PML to be equal to ref.index of adjoining media, and that is all.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年3月23日 GMT-4 05:40
scale incident wave phase to index of refraction of your dielectric media
scale incident wave phase to index of refraction of your dielectric media

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年3月23日 GMT-4 05:51
Thanks, and sorry for asking again - I couldn't find the original thread, I've only just yesterday found it back!
Thanks, and sorry for asking again - I couldn't find the original thread, I've only just yesterday found it back!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.