Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.
Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.
COMSOL Multiphysics 4.4 is here!
Posted 2013年11月27日 GMT-0500上午9:17 Version 4.4 12 Replies
The most powerful multiphysics software just got more powerful: We are excited to announce that the latest release of COMSOL Multiphysics, version 4.4, is now available for download. Learn about the new multiphysics coupling functionality, the enhanced user interface, and more at www.comsol.com/release/4.4
News in COMSOL Multiphysics
- New COMSOL Desktop interface for Windows with a ribbon design that provides easier navigation
- A completely new Multiphysics node in the model tree for setting up multiphysics models
* Combine physics interfaces to define your own multiphysics
* Choose from built-in multiphysics couplings
* View each physics interface as a separate node in the tree
- One-click select: hover-and-click selection method speeds up the modeling process
- Auto-complete search to quickly find variables to use in results in the Windows version
- Geometry subsequences for user-defined geometric primitives
- If/else statements in the model tree for conditional geometry creation
- Export mesh to NASTRAN file formats
- Time-unit handling in the solvers
News in add-on products
- Structural Mechanics Module: easy access to rotordynamic forces, updated shell-solid couplings, and fast method for contact
- Heat Transfer Module: fast methods for radiation in participating media, thermoelectric effect, and heating of biological tissue
- Acoustics Module: Linearized Euler equations for aeroacoustics simulations
- CFD Module: dramatically increased conservation of mass and energy for laminar flow
- AC/DC Module: now includes 167 nonlinear magnetic materials
- RF Module: ports on interior boundaries (reintroduced from version 3.5a)
- Particle Tracing Module: efficient method for particle-field and fluid-particle interactions
- Optimization Module: additional gradient-free method (BOBYQA) for dimensional optimization and additional gradient-based method (MMA) for topology optimization
- Mixer Module: analysis of stirred mixers and reactors with tools for free surface modeling and non-Newtonian fluids
COMSOL Multiphysics 4.4 can be downloaded at www.comsol.com/support/download
Enjoy version 4.4!
Valerio Marra, Ph.D.
Technical Marketing Manager