Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Measuring displacement in a model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have done a simulation in 2D axis symmetric structural-thermal mode. I would like to measure the horizontal (r axis) and the vertical (z axis) displacement of a point in the deformed shape. I tried using the point evaluation from the postprocessing menu and it returned be a very small value (a few microns). However as shown in the screen, the same point in the deformed shape should have displaced a lot more (a few mm).

I would like ask if there is any way to get the correct measurement of the displacement of the deformed shape. I would need the accurate value so that I could calculate the gap distance in the design.

Thanks,

John

1 Reply Last Post 2009年8月10日 GMT-4 15:56

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2009年8月10日 GMT-4 15:56
Hi, John.

If you look at the deform tap in the plot parameter, you can see the scale factor.
Deselect the Auto, set the factor as 1.

Wonseok Yoon
Hi, John. If you look at the deform tap in the plot parameter, you can see the scale factor. Deselect the Auto, set the factor as 1. Wonseok Yoon

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.