Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error 9028: Expression could not be evaluated...

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am attempting to run a model with multiple species diffusion as well as heat transfer and keep getting an Error 9028: Expression could not be evaluated.

I have removed all expressions definitions from the model and only have the constants remaining... any thoughts as to what may be causing this error or how I can "debug" the error to find the problem.

Thank you for your time,
David

2 Replies Last Post 2010年4月1日 GMT-4 16:58
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年4月1日 GMT-4 16:48
Hi

normally you should get a little more info, such as a name or a full expression where the error appear, then it's to find out where it is used.
It could be a variable name or a boundary condition with an expression or a mistyped variable. These are sometimes tedious to identify

Good luck
Ivar
Hi normally you should get a little more info, such as a name or a full expression where the error appear, then it's to find out where it is used. It could be a variable name or a boundary condition with an expression or a mistyped variable. These are sometimes tedious to identify Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年4月1日 GMT-4 16:58
One of the other engineers looked it over and found the issue. Apparently, there was an undefined term used for the time step... which is actually rather odd considering I never set anything for the time step.

But, regardless, the term was removed and the model is now running.

Thank you for your assistance,
David
One of the other engineers looked it over and found the issue. Apparently, there was an undefined term used for the time step... which is actually rather odd considering I never set anything for the time step. But, regardless, the term was removed and the model is now running. Thank you for your assistance, David

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.