Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Two-Phase flow in COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am solving two-phase system (liquid-gas) and would like to use 2-fluid approach. Whether it is possible to use the built in equations for mass, momentum, energy etc. and add a multiplier such as phi_l and phi_g to account for two-phases. Is there any way to model two-phase flow using two-fluid approach in COMSOL?

Any comments will be highly appreciated.
Regards
Naveed

2 Replies Last Post 2010年4月7日 GMT-4 11:47

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年4月7日 GMT-4 11:29
Hi, you would be interested in the Level Set application mode in the Chemical Engineering Module. Here is and example:
www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/177/

Niklas Rom, COMSOL
Hi, you would be interested in the Level Set application mode in the Chemical Engineering Module. Here is and example: http://www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/177/ Niklas Rom, COMSOL

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年4月7日 GMT-4 11:47
Hi Niklas

Thanks! In my opinion, the level set/phase field approach is limited to two immiscible fluids and computes one velocity field. I am not sure if there is any way to model using two phases as two separate fluids and thus computing each phase velocity field. Also, not sure if the built in multi-phase module can do mist flow modelling?

regards
naveed
Hi Niklas Thanks! In my opinion, the level set/phase field approach is limited to two immiscible fluids and computes one velocity field. I am not sure if there is any way to model using two phases as two separate fluids and thus computing each phase velocity field. Also, not sure if the built in multi-phase module can do mist flow modelling? regards naveed

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.