Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error 2058 when solving geometric parametric sweep

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I use Comsol 3.5.0.494 together with SolidWorks. I defined an assembly out of 2 objects. One object is used twice, the other four times. Geometric parameters are defined by global constants (I checked functions in Solidworks and constants in Comsol).
The bidirectional conenction works o.k. regarding "update" and "initialize" functions. That means after changing variables in Comsol I have to reopen both objects in Solidworks and the assembly afterwards to get the geometry updated.
When I start a parametric sweep from menu Solve->Parametric Sweep->Solve and vary a geometric variable every calculation is correctly done for the original geometry. No sweep. That is as expected, since it is not the geometric parametric sweep.
When I start the geometric parametric sweep from menu File->SolidWorks Connection->Geometric Parametric Sweep->Solve the first calculation aborts with the error: Error: 2058 Failed to connect to Inventor.

Exception:
com.femlab.util.FlException: Failed to connect to#Inventor

Stack trace:
at flcadconnection.cpp, row 28, ()
at com.femlab.commands.CadSyncCmd.c(Unknown Source)
at com.femlab.commands.CadSyncCmd.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.femlab.gui.actions.FileAction.doSynchronize(Unknown Source)
at com.femlab.gui.actions.FileAction.doSynchronize(Unknown Source)
at com.femlab.api.client.ac.a(Unknown Source)
at com.femlab.api.client.ac.a(Unknown Source)
at com.femlab.gui.FlProgressThread.run(Unknown Source)
at com.femlab.util.i.run(Unknown Source)
at com.femlab.util.ae.run(Unknown Source)

The reason is not the assembly. I tried to apply a geometric parametric sweep to a simple cuboid. Same Error. Is there any example file I can check?

Thanks for your help!

Clemens

2 Replies Last Post 2010年4月9日 GMT-4 03:04
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年4月8日 GMT-4 09:23
Hi

if you are using SolidWorks CAD, and the programme "fails to connect to "Inventor", the other CAD programme COMSOL exchanges with: it looks like a pointer update error inside COMSOL, linked to the parametric sweep function.

Such problems (have not happened often though) are the ones I typically submit directly to COMSOL support.

By the way, I beleive there is a newer update to your version, perhaps its fixed there, but that is probably the 3.5a version with other changes w.r.t. matlab/script too ;)

Good luck
Ivar
Hi if you are using SolidWorks CAD, and the programme "fails to connect to "Inventor", the other CAD programme COMSOL exchanges with: it looks like a pointer update error inside COMSOL, linked to the parametric sweep function. Such problems (have not happened often though) are the ones I typically submit directly to COMSOL support. By the way, I beleive there is a newer update to your version, perhaps its fixed there, but that is probably the 3.5a version with other changes w.r.t. matlab/script too ;) Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年4月9日 GMT-4 03:04
Hi!

Thanks for your help. I know about this update. However, I'm glad about this scripting oportunity. Is it correct, that with 3.5a you can just "use" Comsol with Matlab to get results back to Matlab but not generate and analyse results in Comsol?

Thanks,

Clemens
Hi! Thanks for your help. I know about this update. However, I'm glad about this scripting oportunity. Is it correct, that with 3.5a you can just "use" Comsol with Matlab to get results back to Matlab but not generate and analyse results in Comsol? Thanks, Clemens

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.