Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

About plots 2

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Please i need somebody to help me, what i want to do is obtaining a graphic like this (download the attached file):
In that picture you can see the plot solution combined with the mesh. Can I do this with Comsol 3.5?
Additional I need to see the mesh numeration (elements and nodes) so i can navigate trough the mesh and know the different amount of for example von misses stress, deformation, etc, in each node of the mesh, please help me

5 Replies Last Post 2010年5月11日 GMT-4 11:53

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年5月11日 GMT-4 11:22
Your first question: www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1003/
Your first question: http://www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1003/

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年5月11日 GMT-4 11:25
Additional I need to see the mesh numeration (elements and nodes) so i can navigate trough the mesh and know the different amount of for example von misses stress, deformation, etc, in each node of the mesh, please help me

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年5月11日 GMT-4 11:40

How do you mean by "navigating through the mesh"? if you mean interactive, just plot a surface for i.e. von misses, then activate "wireframe" in the dialogue, set your mesh refinement to 1 and click with your mouse on the nodes. Otherwise I don't know a tool that knows your mesh coordinates interactively (unless you export them to a text file).
[QUOTE] Additional I need to see the mesh numeration (elements and nodes) so i can navigate trough the mesh and know the different amount of for example von misses stress, deformation, etc, in each node of the mesh, please help me [/QUOTE] How do you mean by "navigating through the mesh"? if you mean interactive, just plot a surface for i.e. von misses, then activate "wireframe" in the dialogue, set your mesh refinement to 1 and click with your mouse on the nodes. Otherwise I don't know a tool that knows your mesh coordinates interactively (unless you export them to a text file).

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年5月11日 GMT-4 11:44

I need for example to know von misses stress, or anything in the node 30000 for example i need the mesh point to be like the grid snap
I need for example to know von misses stress, or anything in the node 30000 for example i need the mesh point to be like the grid snap

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年5月11日 GMT-4 11:53

Please help me i have tried to do you suggestion for the fist answer but the final plot (wireframe, 1, surface) replace the other plot (von misess stress) so i obtain just the mesh
Please help me i have tried to do you suggestion for the fist answer but the final plot (wireframe, 1, surface) replace the other plot (von misess stress) so i obtain just the mesh

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.