Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Slice Plot: Post Processing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I'm trying to make a slice plot for a self-defined global variable that is a function of a self-defined subdomain variable k and the COMSOL variable T. I'm running this program as an m-file. Presumably, one can simply change the variable name in the postplot code from the default of T to the variable in question. However, when I do this, it created the figure with the geometry but does not produce the color contrast and matlab says it's busy and locks up. Any ideas on how I can fix this or perhaps a better way to make a color slice plot?

1 Reply Last Post 2010年5月22日 GMT+8 14:55
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年5月22日 GMT+8 14:55
Hi

I can only come with some potential clues, inside COMSOL, variables defined i.e. on avolume are progagated to the boundaries "by heritage", as well as the system has derivatives calculated. That is why you should also when possible ensure that the derivativesm of the variables are explicitely available (as far as possible).

Then depending on the plot requested these extra information (such as derivatives) might be used to create the plot. So if your variable is not explicitely defined on boundaries or edges, try to AVOID asking COMSOL to plot edges or boundary values.

Next on the list is the interpolation, try to use linear, and even "wiremesh" as least first to check the values

Now you might have a completely different issue in your case, but the aboves would be my first check

Another test, before plotting try to get the reslts as matrices and number and check if they are coherent

Hope it helps
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I can only come with some potential clues, inside COMSOL, variables defined i.e. on avolume are progagated to the boundaries "by heritage", as well as the system has derivatives calculated. That is why you should also when possible ensure that the derivativesm of the variables are explicitely available (as far as possible). Then depending on the plot requested these extra information (such as derivatives) might be used to create the plot. So if your variable is not explicitely defined on boundaries or edges, try to AVOID asking COMSOL to plot edges or boundary values. Next on the list is the interpolation, try to use linear, and even "wiremesh" as least first to check the values Now you might have a completely different issue in your case, but the aboves would be my first check Another test, before plotting try to get the reslts as matrices and number and check if they are coherent Hope it helps Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.