Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Fuse model - Time dependent subdomanis Voltage input

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,
I'm trying to model a Cu fuse with a variable Voltage input.
I was able to perform the simulation in a steady state environment, however I need to run the same simulation in a transient environment, where I have a defined function (table) showing the input voltage values as a function of time. I have created a funcion (Voltage_Time_Dependent) with the following values:
(x) [time in seconds].....f(x) [voltage V]
Does anyone knows how to apply this load to one of the edges of the model? (Boundary settings only let me choose scalar parameters).
Attached is the model.
Thanks in advance.

2 Replies Last Post 2009年8月27日 GMT-4 14:35

Posted: 1 decade ago 2009年8月27日 GMT-4 14:14
it seems like your function definition is valid (however, do "plot" it to make sure it is really what you wanted)

1- in the boundary condition where you impose voltage you need to enter the name of your function and its argument, not a scalar. Thus type in "Voltage_Time_Dependent(t) " . This is where you declare that the functions argument is really time in seconds (t variable)

2- be sure to change your solver settings to cover the time range (in seconds) that you are trying to model.
it seems like your function definition is valid (however, do "plot" it to make sure it is really what you wanted) 1- in the boundary condition where you impose voltage you need to enter the name of your function and its argument, not a scalar. Thus type in "Voltage_Time_Dependent(t) " . This is where you declare that the functions argument is really time in seconds (t variable) 2- be sure to change your solver settings to cover the time range (in seconds) that you are trying to model.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2009年8月27日 GMT-4 14:35
Thank you Ozgur Yildirim,
It worked perfectly!
Regards,
Juliano
Thank you Ozgur Yildirim, It worked perfectly! Regards, Juliano

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.