Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

torque unit

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,

I have been dong some 2D (xy plane) electromagnetic force/torque calculation in COMSOL magnetostatic solver. I am using the force assignment in the subdomain settings to define the force/torque I want to have calculated.

I have been getting some unrealistic results, then I found out that the L (Length) in the subdomain settings actually had no effect on the results I got. Am I doing something wrong or does COMSOL calculate the force/torque considering a default length (model depth in z axis) like 1 m?

I remember reading through the books before I started but don't remember coming across any information about this.

Regards,
Arda

0 Replies Last Post 2009年9月7日 GMT-4 04:32
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Arda Tüysüz

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.