Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Referencing to domain numbers in equations

HuhtalaJ Aerosol physics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

Is there a way to reference to the domain number in equations? That is, I'd like to set the voltage of an Electrostatics terminal to for the electrode that has the domain number 4 etc. The idea is I'd add one voltage terminal, select all my electrodes for it and give it a domain number dependent voltage. It would basically be an array of electrodes connected to a virtual voltage divider.

Now that I wrote the question, it sounds impossible with just 1 terminal added under Electrostatics. Is there any other way around it (other than adding circuits physics and creating an actual voltage divider)? I'm looking for a general solution for an arbitrary number of electrodes, so that I could easily change the number of them with parametrisation. And I'm rather new with COMSOL Multiphysics, as you might have guessed based on my question.

2 Replies Last Post 2020年6月29日 GMT-4 03:33

Posted: 4 years ago 2020年6月27日 GMT-4 06:37

Hi, I don't really understand why you would want to do that. Anyway, it's probably simpler for you to manually type the voltages, isn't it? How many terminals do you have in your model?

You can in fact access the domain number quite easily in variables. Look at the defined geometric variables in the COMSOL's user guide. You are looking for dom I believe.

Hi, I don't really understand why you would want to do that. Anyway, it's probably simpler for you to manually type the voltages, isn't it? How many terminals do you have in your model? You can in fact access the domain number quite easily in variables. Look at the defined geometric variables in the COMSOL's user guide. You are looking for `dom` I believe.

HuhtalaJ Aerosol physics

Posted: 4 years ago 2020年6月29日 GMT-4 03:33

Thanks for the reply!

You are right, for now it is faster for me to just add the voltages manually. I'm starting with 8 terminals but will try it out with different numbers as well, and for that more parametrisation would be nice. I'll check the geometric variables, thank you.

Thanks for the reply! You are right, for now it is faster for me to just add the voltages manually. I'm starting with 8 terminals but will try it out with different numbers as well, and for that more parametrisation would be nice. I'll check the geometric variables, thank you.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.