Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Topology Optimization Local Initial Design variable

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Good people,

I am trying to perform topology optimization in a heat sink. My only concern is, I want to start the optimization with the initial guess as the solution is highly dependent on it. I want to prescribe initial design variable (gamma) at certain locations. However, I am not sure how to do it? Can someone please guide me?

I attached a picture to help in understanding. Red is for solid and blue is for fluid. Currently I have only rectangular domain and I just know how to input the initial guess for whole rectangle domain. I want to input the local design variable to make those red circular regions as a initial guess. Can you please help me?

Thanks,

FE

0 Replies Last Post 2020年12月29日 GMT-5 15:40
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Faizan Ejaz

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.