Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Understanding the heatsink tutorial to implement my on design

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm trying to understand the heatsink tutorial and implement my own solution using a supershape. There are some steps I think I need to understand in order to get what I am looking for, so please bear with me.

If it matters, the final product would be extract the thermal resistance of the structure.

The one thing I am initial missing is the chip. Do I need to had the chip attached to my structure in order to create the heat source? Or can I directly have the power P0 injected to the base of my heatsink using another boudary condition?

You can find my .mph attached to this thread.

EDIT:

I've tried to use the same approach of creating a "chip" to be my heatsource. I haven't added the radiation effect to my model, but with only the laminar flow I already have the following error. How can this be fixed and where is the error?

Velocity u, Pressure p Undefined variable. - Variable: comp1.nitf1.T - Geometry: geom1 - Domain: 1 Failed to evaluate variable. - Variable: comp1.spf.fp1.minput_temperature - Defined as: comp1.nitf1.T Failed to evaluate variable. - Variable: comp1.spf.mu - Defined as: (comp1.mat2.def.eta(comp1.spf.fp1.minput_temperature/unit_K_cf)unit_Pa_cf)unit_s_cf Failed to evaluate variable. - Variable: comp1.spf.mu_eff - Defined as: comp1.spf.mu Failed to evaluate variable. - Variable: comp1.spf.K_stress_tensorzx - Defined as: comp1.spf.mu_eff(comp1.uz+comp1.wx) Failed to evaluate expression. - Expression: comp1.spf.K_stress_tensorzx Failed to evaluate operator. - Operator: mean - Geometry: geom1 - Boundary: 2 Failed to evaluate expression. - Expression: mean(comp1.spf.K_stress_tensorzx) Failed to evaluate variable. - Variable: comp1.spf.K_stress_tensorzx - Geometry: geom1 - Boundary: 2 Failed to evaluate variable. - Variable: comp1.spf.KStressn_avz - Defined as: ((comp1.spf.nxmeshcomp1.spf.K_stress_tensorzx)+(comp1.spf.nymeshcomp1.spf.K_stress_tensorzy))+(comp1.spf.nzmeshcomp1.spf.K_stress_tensorzz) Failed to evaluate expression. - Expression: dvol_spatial(comp1.spf.KStressn_avz-(comp1.spf.ujumpzcomp1.spf.sigma_dg_ns)) Failed to evaluate Jacobian of expression. - Expression: (comp1.spf.KStressn_avxtest(comp1.spf.ut_herex)+comp1.spf.KStressn_avytest(comp1.spf.ut_herey)+comp1.spf.KStressn_avztest(comp1.spf.ut_herez)+comp1.spf.KStressTestn_avxcomp1.spf.ujumpx+comp1.spf.KStressTestn_avycomp1.spf.ujumpy+comp1.spf.KStressTestn_avzcomp1.spf.ujumpz-comp1.spf.sigma_dg_nscomp1.spf.ujumpxtest(comp1.spf.ut_herex)-comp1.spf.sigma_dg_nscomp1.spf.ujumpytest(comp1.spf.ut_herey)-comp1.spf.sigma_dg_nscomp1.spf.ujumpztest(comp1.spf.ut_herez))*(dvol_spatial)

0 Replies Last Post 2021年1月20日 GMT-5 08:03
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Guilherme Theis

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.