Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Gold nanoparticle on gold substrate scattering problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I am trying to simulate the scattering of gold nanoparticle on gold substrate with optics module, ewfd. To explain, it is a model in which a gold nanoparticle of a size of 40 nm or 60 nm is placed on a gold substrate with a 5 nm gap, and linearly polarized light is incident on the nanoparticle with propagating x axis direction. I followed the model 'Scatterer on substrate' (https://www.comsol.com/model/scatterer-on-substrate-14699). However, my model is different with this model since gold substrate is not dielectric, and doesn't seem to work. I tried to change some settings such as ports, mesh, boundary condition, PML, but everytime my model gives negative value of Scattering cross section or the solution does not converge. I think the problem is existence of some reflection or other interactions between the PML surface and physical domain, but not sure.

Please help me if you know well about these kinds of problems. Thanks

(I cleared the mesh and study of my file to reduce the file size)

0 Replies Last Post 2021年5月11日 GMT-4 03:09
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Juhwan Kim

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.