Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Evaluate convergence of assigned calculation results?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have noticed a function called "Goal-oriented termination" under Stationary Settings/Adaptation and Error Estimates, which seems like it can evaluate the error of specific expression. I would like to evaluate calculated variables, for example, electromagnetic force that is calculated by "Force Calculation" with force name "Mag", but it seems like after I typed in the expression "mef.forcez_Mag", it showed "unknown variables". I have even tried one of the default variables like "mef.normB" but still, showed "unknown variables". The only variables that work for me are the global parameters that I have defined, which are pointless for error evaluation since they are all constants. Is there a guide/blog that includes an instruction of this function? I have searched for relevant information, but maybe because this is a new function, there is barely any discussion about it. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks, Zhancheng Yao

0 Replies Last Post 2021年5月11日 GMT+8 23:36
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Zhancheng Yao

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.