Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to define derivatives of interface normal in Moving Mesh model?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am using the boundary PDE module in COMSOL in 2D axisymmetric moving mesh model. There while defining the dependent variables and fluxes in the PDE, I need to use the information of the interface normal (n = n_r i_r + n_z i_z). I can get the normal components from COMSOL i.e. n_r and n_z, but I also need to use their partial derivatives with respect to z given by, dn_r/d_z and dn_z/d_z.

How to define these partial derivatives of interface normal componenets in COMSOL?

0 Replies Last Post 2022年12月30日 GMT-5 02:48
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sayali Jadhav

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.