Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Impedance spectroscopy of two electrodes in medium with frequency-dependent conductivity and permittivity

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have created parameters and tried (in the material water,liquid) to replace the preset electrical conductivity and electrical permittivity with formulas to make them frequency dependent (because i want to simulate NaCl solution). This does not seem to have worked well, is there any other way in the program to account for the frequency dependence of the medium?

I am currently using the electric currents setting but it is not giving me the results I want. I had hoped that the electroanalysis would give better results but I can't find a way to display the impedance between the two electrodes. I cannot use "Electrode surface" because my electrodes are in the medium. What settings do I need to make to get an impedance spectroscopy?

0 Replies Last Post 2023年1月31日 GMT+8 21:26
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Pia Giese

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.