Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

frequency dependent thermal strain

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to model frequency dependent thermal strain system with the form e_th(w) = a*(T(w)-T_ref) (e_th : thermal strain , frequency dependent T(w) : induced tempereture, frequency dependent a : coefficient of thermal expansion)

Could you please give me an advise how to start? Is it right to only using solid mechanics or do I have to use Multiphysics(Thermal Stress?)

1 Reply Last Post 2023年3月28日 GMT-4 21:35

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 year ago 2023年3月28日 GMT-4 21:35

Hi, Eunyoung

You needs make frequency dependent functions for T(w) and a.

Assuming that there is no temperature distribution for the entire geometry, only Solid Mechanics can be used, but if a temperature distribution is required, Heat Transfer for Solid and Thermal Stress must be used together.

Best regards, Jonghyun Yi

Hi, Eunyoung You needs make frequency dependent functions for T(w) and a. Assuming that there is no temperature distribution for the entire geometry, only Solid Mechanics can be used, but if a temperature distribution is required, Heat Transfer for Solid and Thermal Stress must be used together. Best regards, Jonghyun Yi

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.