Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Comsol Error when trying to compute

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I am working on a project for my electromagnetic fields class and I am trying to compute the low pass filter response in the frequency domain. I have attatched my project and the error I am receiving. any help would be appreciated. Thank you, Nicole!

1 Reply Last Post 2023年3月28日 GMT-4 18:38
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 year ago 2023年3月28日 GMT-4 18:38
Updated: 1 year ago 2023年3月28日 GMT-4 18:41

Your geometry still has some issues and your mesh could use some work too, to allow smoother variations of field quanties. You also aren't modeling any surrounding air, so that introduces additional errors in your computation. However, if your main concern is getting past the error message, then change the solver to "Direct" instead of the default iterative solver, and it will run to completion. If you fix all the other issues, you might even get the iterative solver to work, but the direct solver is more tolerant.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Your geometry still has some issues and your mesh could use some work too, to allow smoother variations of field quanties. You also aren't modeling any surrounding air, so that introduces additional errors in your computation. However, if your main concern is getting past the error message, then change the solver to "Direct" instead of the default iterative solver, and it will run to completion. If you fix all the other issues, you might even get the iterative solver to work, but the direct solver is more tolerant.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.