Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Z11_emqvw independant of Frequency?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am modelling the impedance of a simple channel, using the emqvw application mode in time-harmonic analysis. A simple experiment showed that the channel exhibited a purely resistive term from one end to the other, therefore its impedance Z11_emqvw was independant of the application mode frequency, nu_emqvw.

However, I then removed a block from within this simple channel to create an "air gap" within the channel. I was now expecting to see an impedance (as I essentially added a capacitive element) which would be dependant on the frequency, nu_emqvw. However, regardless of the frequency the reported impedance, Z11_emqvw always remains the same.

Why are my measurements independant? How do I make the results dependent upon nu_emqvw, as would be expected in a practical experiment?

Regards,
Tom

0 Replies Last Post 2009年9月19日 GMT-4 06:14
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Tom Myers

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.