COMSOL, Inc. is seeking an Applications Engineer with a specialty in Electromagnetics to join its Boston office. We are seeking an individual with a strong background in computational electromagnetics, Maxwell’s equations, and numerical methods. Experience with RF, microwaves, photonics, plasmonics, or optics is needed. A background in any kind of electromagnetic modeling (FDTD, FEM, MOM, etc…) is desirable, as well as any experience in multiphysics analysis.
- Interact with COMSOL customers in government, industry, and academia.
- Support the usage of COMSOL Multiphysics by addressing technical concerns, providing guidance, advice, and modeling assistance in a wide variety of application areas, particularly those involving heat transfer, structural mechanics, fluid dynamics, acoustics, electromagnetics, and multiphysics modeling.
- Develop models that show features and capabilities of COMSOL Multiphysics.
- Develop and teach training classes.
- Give COMSOL product demonstrations at seminars, workshops, conferences, and meetings with customers.
- Work collaboratively with developers to implement new features and participate in the overall product development of COMSOL Multiphysics.
- Business oriented and willing to work with customers on a daily basis.
- Genuine interest in mathematical modeling, computational physics, and software simulation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High energy, self-motivated, quick study with flexible nature.
- A challenging opportunity to expand your knowledge in a wide variety of physics application areas and to work on problems spanning all engineering fields.
- Highly creative and qualified teams with a diversity of experience.
- Great career opportunities at a quickly growing high-tech software company.
- Casual atmosphere in a spacious office, with free access to gym.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in engineering, physical sciences, or life sciences.
- Demonstrated experience with computational modeling.
- 5%-10% travel per month.
COMSOL is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
||Applications Engineer: Electromagnetics
||Burlington, MA, USA
Cover Letter and Resume
Optional Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Information
COMSOL is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Any information you
volunteer below is for compliance with government regulations and guidelines only.