Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to create edge identity and contact pairs in comsol 4.0a in 3D mode?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

Anyone know how to create edge identity and contact pairs in comsol 4.0a in 3D mode. It seems that one can create only boundary identity and contact pairs in 3D mode. Can anyone teach me how to create edge identity/contact pairs in 3D mode please. In comsol 3.5a, you can do that easily but not in comsol 4.0a. When I open a file created in comsol 3.5a containing edge identity pair in comsol 4.0a, the identity pair tab shows edge source and edge destination which is correct, but when I try to create one from sracth it shows only boundary source and boundary destination listbox. what i want is to change them to edge source and edge destination listbox so that i can cretae edge idenity/contact pairs.

1 Reply Last Post 2010年10月10日 GMT-4 06:45
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年10月10日 GMT-4 06:45
Hi

in V4 the pairs are not created by default, you must add them in (under Model Definition) by hand (and I do not believe you can have both identity and contact, that seems too much on the same border for me ?)

I have been told the automatic generation of identity pairs will appear again ina future realease, but I do not know when

Furthermore the colors to distinguish source and destination is still not implemented in V4

And as you say edge pairs identities in 3D are not possible, only one space dimension liower than the max. Normally the edges inherit their properties from the adjacent boundaries.

If you have a good reason to want o add only identitiy pairs on edges you should tell COMSOL to be sure it appears again.

In the mean time you must add the equations yourself, look at the equation created by the boundary pairs, and add the correspondin weak constriants manually

Have you noticed that the Continuity pairs in the physics have subnodes too ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi in V4 the pairs are not created by default, you must add them in (under Model Definition) by hand (and I do not believe you can have both identity and contact, that seems too much on the same border for me ?) I have been told the automatic generation of identity pairs will appear again ina future realease, but I do not know when Furthermore the colors to distinguish source and destination is still not implemented in V4 And as you say edge pairs identities in 3D are not possible, only one space dimension liower than the max. Normally the edges inherit their properties from the adjacent boundaries. If you have a good reason to want o add only identitiy pairs on edges you should tell COMSOL to be sure it appears again. In the mean time you must add the equations yourself, look at the equation created by the boundary pairs, and add the correspondin weak constriants manually Have you noticed that the Continuity pairs in the physics have subnodes too ? -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.