Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Heat Source due to pressurized gas

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm trying to model a sealed gas chamber, where the wall of the chamber is moving due to some force, and thus causing a change in the pressure of the gas. I want to model the temperature rise in this gas for different changes in volume, and for different gases. The chamber can be modeled as a simple cylinder.

I'd also like to calculate the pressure that the gas exerts on the chamber walls, one of which is thin, and model this as a boundary load in the opposite direction as the compression force. Thus far, I haven't been able to figure out how to model either of these.

I'm using the MEMS module, Heat Transfer module, and CFD modules. Could someone tell me how to do this with these modules, or if it's possible at all?

Attached is just the geometry of the model, where the three outer domains are made of copper, and the inner domain is made of air. I haven't added any physics, because I'm not sure which to add. I'd just like a nudge in the right direction to get started.

Thanks.

0 Replies Last Post 2010年10月9日 GMT-4 21:11
COMSOL Moderator

Hello UTD Student

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.