Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Storing previous results.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello!!

I made a simple membrane, applied 50Pa pressure to it and got some deformation....then stored results using solver manager...... after that i applied 20Pa more and some got some deformation..... I was xpecting that i would get the net deformation due to 50Pa+20pa, but it was not so.
May be i was wrong at doing the settings of solver manager.....
May anyone tell how to do settings of solver manager.

Regards

4 Replies Last Post 2011年4月13日 GMT-4 13:02
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年10月21日 GMT-4 05:44
Hi

that depends normally on how aou "restart" your problem, be sure you set the solver manager (3.5) or the solver nodes to "restart" from stored solution and not from "zero".

Then also if you apply a pressure of 50 once, and change it to 20 then the result is for 20, not for 50+20, for the latter you must set 70 directly.

Another way for high stress is to use a sweep and ramp gently from 0 to 70 by steps of perhaps 10

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi that depends normally on how aou "restart" your problem, be sure you set the solver manager (3.5) or the solver nodes to "restart" from stored solution and not from "zero". Then also if you apply a pressure of 50 once, and change it to 20 then the result is for 20, not for 50+20, for the latter you must set 70 directly. Another way for high stress is to use a sweep and ramp gently from 0 to 70 by steps of perhaps 10 -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年10月21日 GMT-4 08:39

Hey...

I know 70Pa can be applied... but actually i want to learn about settings of solver manager..
can u plzzz help me regarding that in detail...., if u can mail me some documents giving details about solver manager...

waiting
Hey... I know 70Pa can be applied... but actually i want to learn about settings of solver manager.. can u plzzz help me regarding that in detail...., if u can mail me some documents giving details about solver manager... waiting

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年10月21日 GMT-4 15:41
Hi

Sorry but I do not have anything special, I have learned from the doc, and from doing examples, often by studying the questions and replying on the forum. But I agree the solver side is what have taken me the longest to start to master

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Sorry but I do not have anything special, I have learned from the doc, and from doing examples, often by studying the questions and replying on the forum. But I agree the solver side is what have taken me the longest to start to master -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年4月13日 GMT-4 13:02
Hi Archana ,

Did you figure out how resolve your problem with stored solution?

Thanks,
Manuel
Hi Archana , Did you figure out how resolve your problem with stored solution? Thanks, Manuel

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.