Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Temperature derivative expression Tx or d(T,x) ?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am using laminar flow module and need to add a weak contribution for marangoni effect. The results of using Tx and d(T,x) are quite different, even their orders of fluid speed are different. I know that in the gallery's marangoni flow example the weak expression is test(u)*(gamma*Tx), but when I changed the expression to test(u)*(gamma*d(T,x)), the result also changes...

I am wondering are there any differences between this two expressions for temperature derivative: Tx and d(T,x) ?

Regards,
Jingyuan

1 Reply Last Post 2016年3月28日 GMT-4 23:31

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年3月28日 GMT-4 23:31
It turns out that Tx is the right expression here, in order to get the right order result. But I couldn't see anything improper with d(T,x)... Anyone knows?
It turns out that Tx is the right expression here, in order to get the right order result. But I couldn't see anything improper with d(T,x)... Anyone knows?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.