Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Livelink for matlab V4.1

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Can anyone tell me does the livelink work the same in V4.1 as in V3.5a? Where the two run together and you can export from comsol to matlab by the click of a button, or ctrl F.

The only way I can see to connect it to matlab is saving an m file. I don't have an icon for comsol 4.1 with matlab either, when i'm pretty sure my installation root is correct. Or do you use the same comsol/ matlab icon for V4.0?

Any help here much appreciated,

Chris

3 Replies Last Post 2011年1月6日 GMT-5 03:12

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年1月5日 GMT-5 13:57
I have the same issue with not having the "Comsol with Matlab" icon available anywhere. When I installed COMSOL 4.1, the message provided at the end said it was a successful installation. Furthermore, the MATLAB installation root is the folder where the matlab.exe (for Matlab 2010b) is located.

Please help. Thanks!
I have the same issue with not having the "Comsol with Matlab" icon available anywhere. When I installed COMSOL 4.1, the message provided at the end said it was a successful installation. Furthermore, the MATLAB installation root is the folder where the matlab.exe (for Matlab 2010b) is located. Please help. Thanks!

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年1月5日 GMT-5 14:09
After re-reading the Installation and Operations guide, I now noticed that it says that the LiveLink interface is compatible with MATLAB 2009b and MATLAB 2010a. But I have MATLAB 2010b!!

Why would it not be compatible with the latest version of MATLAB?!

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Thanks!
After re-reading the Installation and Operations guide, I now noticed that it says that the LiveLink interface is compatible with MATLAB 2009b and MATLAB 2010a. But I have MATLAB 2010b!! Why would it not be compatible with the latest version of MATLAB?! Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Thanks!

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年1月6日 GMT-5 03:12
Hi David,

I managed to sort my problem quite quickly after an email to support.

As for the new version of matlab I'm not sure theres a great deal you can do.

Check the comsol product updates - as far as I know there isnt any matlab updates unfortunately, if not I would imagine comsol will be creating a patch for download (maybe check with support?) - you could sit tight until then or get matlab 2010a! Since you've already paid for 2010b matlab might be happy to give you 2010a as well - though don't quote me on that!!

Sorry I can't be more help.

Chris
Hi David, I managed to sort my problem quite quickly after an email to support. As for the new version of matlab I'm not sure theres a great deal you can do. Check the comsol product updates - as far as I know there isnt any matlab updates unfortunately, if not I would imagine comsol will be creating a patch for download (maybe check with support?) - you could sit tight until then or get matlab 2010a! Since you've already paid for 2010b matlab might be happy to give you 2010a as well - though don't quote me on that!! Sorry I can't be more help. Chris

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.