Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

New user

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I'm doing my thesis about stenosis & blood flow. I've recently known about this skill, I mean COMSOL Multyphisics so, I wanted to know if the's some information I colud read about the subject of my writen work in order to start my simulations. I've started writing and I wanted to know exactly how does COMSOL solve that kind of flow problems.

2 Replies Last Post 2010年12月13日 GMT-5 13:40
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年12月8日 GMT-5 14:57
Hi

COMSOL MP and in particular CFD and fluid (plus when you add bioheat exchange etc) is not the simplest way to start, but if you have a good background in physics and some in fluidics, and some local support to ask questions you will certanly get around, note that it takes time, so plan in some contingency for the expected duration.

Ther are a few books see: www.comsol.eu/support/books/

In particular the book of Ashim Datta should be of interest to you

Note that most of these books are written for 3.5a, and the new v4 interface is rather different, I would stateeven better but must be re-learnt for all of us, and its not obvious to find your way, as a beginner, from v3.5 explanations to the new v4 method

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi COMSOL MP and in particular CFD and fluid (plus when you add bioheat exchange etc) is not the simplest way to start, but if you have a good background in physics and some in fluidics, and some local support to ask questions you will certanly get around, note that it takes time, so plan in some contingency for the expected duration. Ther are a few books see: http://www.comsol.eu/support/books/ In particular the book of Ashim Datta should be of interest to you Note that most of these books are written for 3.5a, and the new v4 interface is rather different, I would stateeven better but must be re-learnt for all of us, and its not obvious to find your way, as a beginner, from v3.5 explanations to the new v4 method -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年12月13日 GMT-5 13:40

Hi

COMSOL MP and in particular CFD and fluid (plus when you add bioheat exchange etc) is not the simplest way to start, but if you have a good background in physics and some in fluidics, and some local support to ask questions you will certanly get around, note that it takes time, so plan in some contingency for the expected duration.

Ther are a few books see: www.comsol.eu/support/books/

In particular the book of Ashim Datta should be of interest to you

Note that most of these books are written for 3.5a, and the new v4 interface is rather different, I would stateeven better but must be re-learnt for all of us, and its not obvious to find your way, as a beginner, from v3.5 explanations to the new v4 method

--
Good luck
Ivar

Thank's for this information, I've starte following another advise U have given to Mohamed & it had been too usefull, I'll try with those books.
Please stay for many of doubt & questions =^)
[QUOTE] Hi COMSOL MP and in particular CFD and fluid (plus when you add bioheat exchange etc) is not the simplest way to start, but if you have a good background in physics and some in fluidics, and some local support to ask questions you will certanly get around, note that it takes time, so plan in some contingency for the expected duration. Ther are a few books see: http://www.comsol.eu/support/books/ In particular the book of Ashim Datta should be of interest to you Note that most of these books are written for 3.5a, and the new v4 interface is rather different, I would stateeven better but must be re-learnt for all of us, and its not obvious to find your way, as a beginner, from v3.5 explanations to the new v4 method -- Good luck Ivar [/QUOTE] Thank's for this information, I've starte following another advise U have given to Mohamed & it had been too usefull, I'll try with those books. Please stay for many of doubt & questions =^)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.