Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

What is mf.PCoil1

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I do some eddy current calculations with litz wires and have a problem you might could help me with.
Usually the losses are calculated like P=\rho/2*intop(abs(J)^2).
This works very fine until I activate the magnetic losses feature and giving the coil area a complex mu.
Then the PCoil value is more then the P value mentioned above. I think it uses more then this term.
The most times Comsol shows you all the equation it uses but I searched in the documentation and couldn't find a hint.
Maybe someone can tell me in this forum: 'which formula is used to calculate the coil losses in comsol?'

Thanks in advance :)
Christian

0 Replies Last Post 2016年9月7日 GMT-4 14:56
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Christian Kaufmann

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.