Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Creat composite object

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Is there any effect of using create composite object option on the solution of the problem, let's say a heat transfer problem. I saw that the boundary at the interfacace of two objects becomes continuity boundary and passise in the choise of boundary conditions, in both using and not using of the creat composite object. I thing the idea behind the this option may be its advantages in draw mode.

1 Reply Last Post 2010年12月31日 GMT-5 01:14
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年12月31日 GMT-5 01:14
Hi

composite objects is COMSOL "CAD assembly" mode (what one call an assembly in i.e. SolidWorks) this should not be confused with the COMSOL "Finish - Assembly" command that takes all existing geometrical objects and make their union+split (to generate unique Entities = domains, boundaries, edges, points) in a special method i.e. considering composite objects as the ones to use continuity for all internal boundaries, and forces the user to add identity (contiuity or other links) on common borders between the higher order composed objects.

The tradiational "Finish - union" (à la 3.5a geomanalyze() command) forces continuity on all internal boundaries between all entities.

If you do not use union or composed object geometrical commands the "Finish - Assembly" will not make any continuity relations at all, so then you need to identify manually all internal boundaries

Hope this helps

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi composite objects is COMSOL "CAD assembly" mode (what one call an assembly in i.e. SolidWorks) this should not be confused with the COMSOL "Finish - Assembly" command that takes all existing geometrical objects and make their union+split (to generate unique Entities = domains, boundaries, edges, points) in a special method i.e. considering composite objects as the ones to use continuity for all internal boundaries, and forces the user to add identity (contiuity or other links) on common borders between the higher order composed objects. The tradiational "Finish - union" (à la 3.5a geomanalyze() command) forces continuity on all internal boundaries between all entities. If you do not use union or composed object geometrical commands the "Finish - Assembly" will not make any continuity relations at all, so then you need to identify manually all internal boundaries Hope this helps -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.