Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

DOF probe

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

Can we have a DOF or mesh element count probe? I am running a very large scale mesh studies and I need to have a measure of cost, in some way.

Many thanks,
Danial

--
Comsol 4.1
Ubuntu 10.04.1

4 Replies Last Post 2011年1月5日 GMT-5 09:25
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年1月4日 GMT-5 17:43
You can see the number of elements through Mesh>Statistics.
Jeff
You can see the number of elements through Mesh>Statistics. Jeff

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年1月5日 GMT-5 01:59

You can see the number of elements through Mesh>Statistics.
Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Yes, correct. But I need it as variable to plot since I am running a parametric study.

Danial

--
Comsol 4.1
Ubuntu 10.04.1
[QUOTE] You can see the number of elements through Mesh>Statistics. Jeff [/QUOTE] Hi Jeff, Yes, correct. But I need it as variable to plot since I am running a parametric study. Danial -- Comsol 4.1 Ubuntu 10.04.1

Daniel Smith COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年1月5日 GMT-5 09:09
Define a Maximum coupling operator with operator name maxop1. Then use the predefined variable "meshelement" to get the total number of mesh elements using:

maxop1(meshelement)

You can plot this v.s. your parameter in postprocessing.
Define a Maximum coupling operator with operator name maxop1. Then use the predefined variable "meshelement" to get the total number of mesh elements using: maxop1(meshelement) You can plot this v.s. your parameter in postprocessing.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年1月5日 GMT-5 09:25

Define a Maximum coupling operator with operator name maxop1. Then use the predefined variable "meshelement" to get the total number of mesh elements using:

maxop1(meshelement)

You can plot this v.s. your parameter in postprocessing.

Exactly what I wanted. Working as advertised.

Thank you!

--
Comsol 4.1
Ubuntu 10.04.1
[QUOTE] Define a Maximum coupling operator with operator name maxop1. Then use the predefined variable "meshelement" to get the total number of mesh elements using: maxop1(meshelement) You can plot this v.s. your parameter in postprocessing. [/QUOTE] Exactly what I wanted. Working as advertised. Thank you! -- Comsol 4.1 Ubuntu 10.04.1

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.