Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

The "convergence graph" during solving from Comsol 3.X is not there in 4.X

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have to solve a number of larger problems on several remote workstations.
With Comsol 3.X I usually started them and after a while I had a look via remote desktop.
Comsol 3.X then showed me a nice graph, displaying the convergence over all steps to this point.
In Comsol 4.X this graph with the convergence has unfortunately vanished.
All of my colleagues and me miss this feature. Now we do not know if the solution still converges of if there is no progress. Before, a flat curve meant we cancelled the solver and restarted with changed settings.

Is there a way to manually get this "convergence graph" back in Comsol 4.x?
This would be great!

Best regards

Arian

3 Replies Last Post 2011年1月19日 GMT-5 03:36

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年1月19日 GMT-5 03:17
Hello,

I am looking for exactly the same problem.
Help us please !
Hello, I am looking for exactly the same problem. Help us please !

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年1月19日 GMT-5 03:31
Hi

I have heard it will come in 4.2 only, there is the log file and in the solver (at least somewhere down there you can find an option to have a slightly more verbose log)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I have heard it will come in 4.2 only, there is the log file and in the solver (at least somewhere down there you can find an option to have a slightly more verbose log) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年1月19日 GMT-5 03:36
Ok Thanks !

Ok Thanks !

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.