Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to average the solutions of a parametric sweep?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I am trying to simulate the interaction between materials and unpolarized light. I don’t know how to generate unpolarized light in COMSOL 5.0. An approximated result can be acquired by running a parametric sweep of the direction of polarization of laser beam and averaging all the solutions.

The question is how to average so many solutions. Operation “Join” can only sum two data sets at once. I tried to find an answer from blog posts but it was not available.

Please anyone tells me an easy way to take a sum or average of all the solutions. Many thanks.

1 Reply Last Post 2016年12月9日 GMT-5 12:21
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 2016年12月9日 GMT-5 12:21
See www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/131643/#p290292 .
Best,
Jeff
See https://www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/131643/#p290292 . Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.