Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Generalised Electrostatics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I just downloaded the Faraday cage model from www.comsol.com/community/exchange/104/ and I noticed that it was created using the Generalised Electrostatics model. The problem is I can't seem to find this model in the new model dialogue.

Where can I find the Generalised Electrostatic model in the new model navigator?

Thanks

1 Reply Last Post 2011年1月28日 GMT-5 01:27
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年1月28日 GMT-5 01:27
Hi

there are many things that have changed with V4, including naming and the way to split phsics versus previous "application" modes. The best way I know is to load the model in its respective version, check and list the dependent variables, and search in the new version where yu solve for the same ones, than check the equations. In V4 you can achieve some of th previous application modes in several ways, dependng of what else (other physics) you plan to model

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi there are many things that have changed with V4, including naming and the way to split phsics versus previous "application" modes. The best way I know is to load the model in its respective version, check and list the dependent variables, and search in the new version where yu solve for the same ones, than check the equations. In V4 you can achieve some of th previous application modes in several ways, dependng of what else (other physics) you plan to model -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.