Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Not being able to model the displacement a boundary in evaporation from water model as function of time and parameters in model

Babak Ebrazi Bakhshayesh

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody,

I have been working on a model for a couple of weeks.

This model involves evaporation of water form a domain which has lower diffusivity compared to surrounding air.

As a result of evaporation, water level inside the water domain has to drop. This should happen in domain #10. But the way that the model is defined, does not allow me to drop of this boundary as a results of evaporation.

I am guessing whether or not someone has had this sort of problem.

2 Replies Last Post 2017年2月8日 GMT-5 16:56

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年2月8日 GMT-5 16:48
You did not include the geometry deformation or moving mesh physics in your model.
You did not include the geometry deformation or moving mesh physics in your model.

Babak Ebrazi Bakhshayesh

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年2月8日 GMT-5 16:56
Hi Sohan,

Which one should I use : moving mesh or boundary deformation.

To me, I should use geometry deformation. But, here comes another question. If water domain shrinks does air domain go to those area which water were before? Or I rather ask this in this way. Does the material properties of the meshes, which were water before, change to air?

2) The second question that I have is about the air domain located above the water domain. I think as water evaporates and its corresponding boundary shrinks, the air domain and its corresponding boundary should expand? It this correct?

Thanks,
Babak
Hi Sohan, Which one should I use : moving mesh or boundary deformation. To me, I should use geometry deformation. But, here comes another question. If water domain shrinks does air domain go to those area which water were before? Or I rather ask this in this way. Does the material properties of the meshes, which were water before, change to air? 2) The second question that I have is about the air domain located above the water domain. I think as water evaporates and its corresponding boundary shrinks, the air domain and its corresponding boundary should expand? It this correct? Thanks, Babak

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.