Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Unsaturated Flow/Effective Saturation/Inflow and out flow

Muhammad Shahid Manzoor

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am using Richard's equation model with fracture flow model, I want to have effective saturation (dl.Se) for which i am using these settings.

Top of model Hp = 0.0005[mm]
Bottom Hp= -150mm as for (dl.Se) Hp must be in negative
Initial value Hp = -150mm
Permeability Ks = 10^-12
For evaluation of dl.Se i am using Avergae ( Component Coupling) for matrix and fractures with Global evaluation Expression ( aveop1(dl.Se).
For evaluation of inflow and out flow i am using Integration ( Component Coupling) at top and bottom of model respectively with Global evaluation Expression ( intop1( dl.U*dl.D) for flow in (m^3/s).

I want to have same inflow and outflow that means , effective saturation from dry condition to fully saturated. But when i simulate the model dl.Se rises from 0.006 at day(0) to 0.26 at day (10) and then remains constant for the day(1000) . If we change Ks to 10^-8 then at day (1) dl.Se becomes (0.97).
Any suggestions to resolve this problem will be appreciated.
copy of model is also attached.

Regards,
Shahid

0 Replies Last Post 2017年5月3日 GMT-4 18:59
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Muhammad Shahid Manzoor

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.