Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

size of "fem.sol.u" > size of "fem.mesh.p"

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I used Comsol to solve a PDE problem. I know that the solution is stored in the object fem.sol.u and the unstructured mesh points are stored in fem.mesh.p.

Then, if i see the size of fem.sol.u i find a column vector of length M, while the fem.mesh.p is a 2 columns vector ( x and y coordinates of points in wich field is calculated ) of length N, shorter than the solution one !!!.
Could anyone tell me how to do?
Thanks.

1 Reply Last Post 2011年2月28日 GMT-5 05:47

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年2月28日 GMT-5 05:47
Just an idea: Try to extend the mesh first with fem.xmesh=meshextend(fem) and see if the extended mesh fits the size of your solution.
Just an idea: Try to extend the mesh first with fem.xmesh=meshextend(fem) and see if the extended mesh fits the size of your solution.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.