Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

calculation of metal potential

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I want to simulate a metal-semiconductor solar cell. Unlike the demo in the software, I want the metal electrode from the metal side to be disconnected, creating sort of 'floating gate', but the electrode from silicon side still connected (say 0v). IN this case, I want to see the metal potential change under illumination due to photo carrier injection from semiconductor.

I have tried using floating gate, but it doesn't work, because floating gate cannot attached to anything. I also tried Schottky junction demo in the software, but in the demo the metal electrode cannot be disconnected; in other words, the voltage has to be fixed.

Can anyone please gieve some suggestions on how to probe the potential of 'floating metal' in a metal-semiconductor solar cell?

Thanks!

0 Replies Last Post 2017年11月23日 GMT+8 07:09
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Qiwei Xu

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.