Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simulation of lightning strike on a wind turbine

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

This is my thesis and I am trying to solve it using COMSOL 5.3. I have designed the geometry but I have faced some difficulties. First of all, I would like to have some advice about the earthing resistance. I want it to be 10 Ω do you have any ideas how to do it? Secondly, which steel alloy do you suggest for the blades and in general which material alloys do you suggest? I am using the AC/DC Module and the Electric Currents Interface. I am trying to enter the lighting equation through the Current Density node. We know from the theory that we have to imply the lightning strike to a surface 0.2x0.2 m, however I am trying to build this square on the work plane but I can't choose it as the lightning strike node. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

0 Replies Last Post 2017年12月13日 GMT+8 02:04
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Konstantinos Koutras

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.