Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Microwave heating in a vacuum cavity (using the microwave_oven.mph tutorial file)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

*Hello,

I am newbie here and couldn't find any relevant thread, so I make a new one. I would like to simulate a microwave heating in vacuum. So I am trying to modifying the "microwave oven.mph" tutorial file to do it. My questions are:

[1] There will be small conduction between the heated material and plate but no convection. But I need to measure the radiation heat transfer from the material to the boundary of cavity. So I guess I can't use "Air" for this case. Do I have to create a new material "Vacuum" or should I not assign material in the empty space in the cavity? If I should make a "Vacuum" material, then what are the material properties?

[2] To simulate a radiational heat transfer, which option should I use? - In the setting of the "Heat tranfer in Solids" Physics - check the "surface-to-surface radiation" model; - "Heat Transfer with Surface-To-Surface Radiation Interface" Physics with "microwave heating" Multiphysics; - "Surface-to-Surface Radiation Interface" Physics with "microwave heating" Multiphysics

Thanks in advance. Sungwoo*

0 Replies Last Post 2018年2月3日 GMT-5 15:24
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sungwoo Lim

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.