Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Lumped port

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,

I have simulated a loop antenna in COMSOL, It works at desired frequency. However, I see a great deal of mismatch in s11 curve. I've simulated the same antenna in CST and it works perfect. Both of them works at 2.4 GHz but in COMSOL: s11 @2.4 GHz is -15dB in CST: s11 @2.4GHz is -35dB I've used discrete port in CST and lumped port (uniform) in COMSOL. Can anybody help me please. I've attached some pictures.

Kind regards,

1 Reply Last Post 2018年2月9日 GMT-5 13:36
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年2月9日 GMT-5 13:36

I don't know anything about CST. But in Comsol, your specification of a 50 Ohm input cable (as I saw in your figure) is probably at least one important issue here, since your loop antenna very likely does not present a 50 Ohm impedance at its connections. I suggest you change the 50 ohm value, re-run it, and see what happens. Do a frequency sweep too. And be sure your mesh is fine enough where it needs to be, and that you have enough computational space around your loop, etc.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
I don't know anything about CST. But in Comsol, your specification of a 50 Ohm input cable (as I saw in your figure) is probably at least one important issue here, since your loop antenna very likely does not present a 50 Ohm impedance at its connections. I suggest you change the 50 ohm value, re-run it, and see what happens. Do a frequency sweep too. And be sure your mesh is fine enough where it needs to be, and that you have enough computational space around your loop, etc.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.