Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Seeking correct physics in a coupled field/mechanical relaxation problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hey all,

I have an interesting task here: I have a mechanical system producing a pair of magnetic fields which exert no torque on one another yet can produce a physcial, mechanical relaxation in the system based solely on energy minimization principles which relate to the degree of overlap of the magnetic fields.

I know. This is a strange approach to mechanical actuation but one that I'm being asked to solve for within the COMSOL environment.

My question is what relevant physics within COMSOL should I be using? My concern is that the AC/DC module, for example, isn't "smart enough" to account for these physics. Can anyone advise?

Many thanks -Pete

0 Replies Last Post 2018年3月27日 GMT-4 15:14
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Peter H

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.