Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to express the complex conjugate of a electric field in RF 3.5a

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to simulate the laser pulse propergation in a nonlinerly optical crystal. In my model, the complex conjugate of a electric field is need. I wonder how to express it.

Thanks,

Frank

2 Replies Last Post 2016年8月2日 GMT-4 05:01
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年4月27日 GMT-4 15:25
Hi

do a search on the 3.5 doc (index them its worth it to quickly find references), you have a few operators, and some special ones, like the "realdot()" to handle complex operations. Complex values are in many cases expressed by "phasors" particularly for postprocessing access

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi do a search on the 3.5 doc (index them its worth it to quickly find references), you have a few operators, and some special ones, like the "realdot()" to handle complex operations. Complex values are in many cases expressed by "phasors" particularly for postprocessing access -- Good luck Ivar

Mohamad ghaffarian niasar

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年8月2日 GMT-4 05:01
Use conj(x)
Use conj(x)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.