Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem with defining subdomain expressions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi!

I am working on the project where I am trying to revive old simulations done in Comsol 3. Unfortunetely, some features of the program are very different now. The problem I am currently facing in that in the old version it was possible to define expressions which were directly assigned to the specific domain (please check the attachement) - subdomain expressions, but according to my best knowledge it is not possible in Comsol 5.3. Is there any way to do it in the same manner? Can you suggest any other solution that I can apply?

Thank you for help in advance!

4 Replies Last Post 2018年5月24日 GMT+8 19:44
Sergei Yushanov Certified Consultant

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年5月23日 GMT+8 23:18

Mateus,

You can use Component/Definition/Variables to assign subromain expressions, as shown in the attached image.

Regards,

Sergei

Mateus, You can use Component/Definition/Variables to assign subromain expressions, as shown in the attached image. Regards, Sergei

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年5月24日 GMT+8 00:27
Updated: 6 years ago 2018年5月24日 GMT+8 02:10

Thanks!

Thanks!

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年5月24日 GMT+8 02:09

Mateus,

You can use Component/Definition/Variables to assign subromain expressions, as shown in the attached image.

Regards,

Sergei

Thanks!

One more question though, do you have any idea how I can refer to the temperature of the domain in this expression? I would like to put in there the following equation: flc1hs(T-5,0.1), where T is the temperature of the selected domain.

Thank you in advance!

>Mateus, > >You can use Component/Definition/Variables to assign subromain expressions, as shown in the attached image. > >Regards, > >Sergei Thanks! One more question though, do you have any idea how I can refer to the temperature of the domain in this expression? I would like to put in there the following equation: flc1hs(T-5,0.1), where T is the temperature of the selected domain. Thank you in advance!

Sergei Yushanov Certified Consultant

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年5月24日 GMT+8 19:44

Mateusz,

Not sure I understand yous question. If T is dependent variable you are solving for, then it is derectly available in any domain and you can define your variable at the selected domain as var1=flc1hs(T-5,0.1).

Regards,

Sergei

Mateusz, Not sure I understand yous question. If T is dependent variable you are solving for, then it is derectly available in any domain and you can define your variable at the selected domain as var1=flc1hs(T-5,0.1). Regards, Sergei

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.