Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Thin film flow module (compute implicit height change from base velocity)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear users

I am trying to verify a model with standard ISO-12131. The model is a tapered pad of a thrust bearing. Through the standard the minimum gap between sliding base and stationary wall is calculated as 43 micrometers, and using COMSOL it is 44 micrometers. However, when I select "compute implicit height change from base velocity" the minimum gap height reaches nearly 80 micrometers. As in the Application ID: 7707 this item is selected I want to know what this term really does and how it affects the reynolds equation? There is no information about this option in the manual and documentations!

Kind regards, Malek

0 Replies Last Post 2018年5月30日 GMT-4 02:04
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Malek Shahrani

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.