Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Finding Guided Modes of Photonic Crystal Fiber using Wave Optics Module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am looking to find the guided modes of a hollow core photonic crystal fiber using the Wave optics Module in COMSOL 5.3a. Since the core is filled with air, I expect the mode to have an effective index of about 1. but when I do a modal analysis and find modes with that index, i get nothing but wierd surface modes, could anyone tell me where am I going wrong with this?

0 Replies Last Post 2018年6月12日 GMT-4 09:59
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Arjun Iyer

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.