Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Coupling time dependent heat transer with stationary flow

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,

I want to run a stationary simulation to calculate the turbulent flow in a pipe. Afterwards, I want to simulate the heating up process. So I run a 10 seconds time dependent simulation.

Until here, everything works fine.

My Problem: I Insert a mass flow. When the temperature increases, the density get lower, so the velocity increases.

To reduce the error, I run a second stationary study step, where the velocity is based on the new temperature. But the new velocity is still calculated with the initial density, not with a new one.

Set-up:

Flow: SST, weakly compressible Heat Transer physics Non Isothermal flow Multiphysics

Tried constellations: -Deaktivating the Multiphysics while solving the flow: spf.rho stays constant

Enabling the Multiphysics: While solving the second stationary flow study: Error: Undefined variable. - Variable: CFLCMP

Setting the SST equation from study controlled to stationary: While solving the second flow study: Error: Undefined variable. - Variable: timestept

Disabling the pseudo Time Stepping: Undefined variable. - Variable: timestep

Has someone an idea how to calculate the new flow with the lower density? :-)

Thanks!

Henrik Bode

0 Replies Last Post 2018年6月19日 GMT-4 11:04
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Henrik Bode

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.