Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Dynamic tip bending

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have a circular tube that is approximately 150 mm long and the last 15 mm of the tube (the tip) will deflect 30 degrees to -30 degrees. I have a velocity inlet and a pressure outlet. I want to simulate a fluid flowing through the bending tip. The tip motion is to be defined from an external device and is not due to fluid forces. I would like to examine the effect of tip angle on the exit flow rate as well as examine the exit flow velocity distribution. I have attached a picture detailing how the tip will displace during one oscillation. The red dotted lines indicate where the bending will take place. I believe I would need to define a moving mesh with a prescribed deformation for the bending region. Any suggestions or advice on how I may go about this would be greatly appreciated. I am using COMSOL 5.3a.

Regards, Will McKinney

0 Replies Last Post 2018年7月17日 GMT-4 00:58
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Will McKinney

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.