Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

conditions in ALE boundary conditions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello there,

does anybody know how to make conditional boundary conditions in ALE (sorry for tautology). Specifically, I have a freely deforming boundary in ALE which velocity is determined by a solution of Navier-Stokes equations. By definition of my problem, this free boundary should always be positive. At some point in time, the location of that boundary becomes negative. I was wondering whether anybody knows how to impose a condition that it stays positive.

Thanks in advance

1 Reply Last Post 2011年7月13日 GMT-4 06:34

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年7月13日 GMT-4 06:34
A simple if condition ,like move the boundary only if position has a positive value at that point, might work.
A simple if condition ,like move the boundary only if position has a positive value at that point, might work.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.