Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Assigning new material with non linear B-H and H-B relations

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello sir, I am working on Magnetorheological fulid applications. I want to do Multi physics study for my product, so i am using Comsol for the simulations. The magnetic properties of this materials are non linear. i have excel data for B-H and H-B curves. But i dont know how to assign this data in comsol. so please help me with some example or procedure. Thanking you.

3 Replies Last Post 2018年8月30日 GMT-4 08:21
Mickaël Barsive COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年8月28日 GMT-4 08:44
Updated: 6 years ago 2018年8月28日 GMT-4 08:58

Hello,

I could advice you to have a look on a tutorial model using BH curve such as the "Ecore Transformer": https://www.comsol.fr/model/e-core-transformer-14123

Under the node "Soft Iron (without losses)" in "Material" you will find how a BH curve is defined in COMSOL Multiphysics using "Interpolation" function.

In your case, you could use the "From file" option in "Interpolation" to import your data from a csv file.

I hope this helps.

Please contact the COMSOL technical support for more details.

Mickaël

Hello, I could advice you to have a look on a tutorial model using BH curve such as the "Ecore Transformer": https://www.comsol.fr/model/e-core-transformer-14123 Under the node "Soft Iron (without losses)" in "Material" you will find how a BH curve is defined in COMSOL Multiphysics using "Interpolation" function. In your case, you could use the "From file" option in "Interpolation" to import your data from a csv file. I hope this helps. Please contact the COMSOL technical support for more details. Mickaël

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年8月30日 GMT-4 05:13
Updated: 6 years ago 2018年8月30日 GMT-4 08:15

Hello sir, i tried to do the same. but i am getting error 'Failed to find a solution''Singular matrix'' '. here i am attaching the following files. 1. with normal soft iron for (domain-2) 2. HB,BH values changed file 3. BH data. please look in to it and give the solution. Thanking you

Hello sir, i tried to do the same. but i am getting error 'Failed to find a solution''Singular matrix'' '. here i am attaching the following files. 1. with normal soft iron for (domain-2) 2. HB,BH values changed file 3. BH data. please look in to it and give the solution. Thanking you

Mickaël Barsive COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年8月30日 GMT-4 08:21
Updated: 6 years ago 2018年8月30日 GMT-4 08:28

Hello,

For this kind of question, please contact the COMSOL technical support.

Usually in "Magnetic field (mf)" interface you can meet this error in time or frequency domain when the electrical conductivity of air is stricly null (try with 0.1[S/m] for example).

Regards,

Mickaël

Hello, For this kind of question, please contact the COMSOL technical support. Usually in "Magnetic field (mf)" interface you can meet this error in time or frequency domain when the electrical conductivity of air is stricly null (try with 0.1[S/m] for example). Regards, Mickaël

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.