Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Calorimeter

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody,

i have a problem. My main task is to simulate the heating inside of a calorimeter. The main geometry consists of a copper cylinder in which a tungsten crucible is integrated. The sample which has to be measured is also made of tungsten and placed inside of the crucible. The crucible contains beside the sample air at 1 atm.

The specimen will have a starting temperature of about 3000K, the copper cylinder room temperatue. Now i would like to simulate the heating of the crucible, the copper cylinder and the air. When i run the simulation, only the temperature gradient of the tungsten sample seems to be calculated. The temperature of the copper cylinder and air remains constant.

Please see the attached file and i hope that you guys can help me.

Best regards

0 Replies Last Post 2018年9月25日 GMT-4 09:06
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Matthias Weyhe

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.